Do you hate reading? Or do you just find it a struggle to get through a novel? Either way, we feel your pain. Reading is a wonderful experience that often gets spoiled by the strain of text.
Text to Speech (tts) software is a digital technology that converts text into speech in order to make reading more comfortable. It can be used on anything from your smartphone to an ebook reader and even a television, making it one of the top products in audio technology.
With the advancement of ai, it has become easier to own a tts software which people describe by different names: dictation software, ai voice generator, speech synthesizer, speech converter, voice reader, speech recognition software, or even speech app.
Whatever it’s described, one most important thing is that tts software should always produce a natural-sounding speech. After all, it’s designed to be a natural reader.
What Is A Text To Speech Software And How Does It Work?
A text to speech software will read your digital text aloud. It converts text into voice and makes the words flow across the screen.
It’s easy to use and can be a great tool for those who need to keep up with their reading, but simply cannot concentrate on it for long periods of time. The software essentially turns your computer into an audio device that reads the text out loud – a natural reader. It’s a pretty simple process, but you have multiple options when it comes to choosing a text to speech program.
You can find one that matches your needs and preferences, as well as a program that fits within your budget. And even if you’re willing to pay more for a higher-quality program, there are still many inexpensive options available on the market today.
What Are The Benefits Of A Text To Speech Software?
- A text to speech software is a great speech tool for those who have trouble reading – it will substitute for a natural reader. The voice speed can be controlled and the reading is methodical which can be soothing.
- Another benefit of a text to speech software is its accuracy. With a text to speech software, you don’t need to worry about typos because it will read back the words you typed exactly how you want them to sound!
- Another benefit of text to speech software is that it’s accessible for all ages.
- While some people may struggle with reading, others may find it difficult to type due to physical challenges such as arthritis or dyslexia. A tts software can still be beneficial for these people because they understand the spoken word better than written words.
- In addition, researchers have found that people with dyslexia are more likely to respond well to an interaction with a voice rather than when reading.
What Are The Best Text To Speech Software In 2022?
WordTalk is a free app that allows you to listen to your favorite book or article while simultaneously reading it out loud. You can read any document, including long documents with images, graphs, tables, and more.
After listening to the text repeatedly, there are many ways to get the most out of your experience. You can use this software as an audio-reading tool that helps you work better in a noisy environment or as an audiobook player.
Features Of WordTalk Text To Speech Software
- WordTalk is a great tts software for Windows, Mac, or Windows Phone. It has a range of audio options, which allow you to customize your voice settings in a way that suits you best.
- You can even choose the type of voice for your text-to-speech program. Want a British accent? WordTalk has that too! You’ll get to read with understanding and without straining.
- It also features an auto-advance feature that helps you keep up with your reading speed so you never have to worry about getting lost again.
- Additionally, WordTalk is compatible with YouTube videos. This allows for a seamless experience where you can listen to a YouTube video about your favorite book narrated by the author and then watch their face as they speak the words aloud. It’s possible for one person who speaks English as their first language to have all of these features within this single app.
Google Playstore: 3.9 out of 5 stars (362 reviews)
Speechelo is the next generation tts software application that will convert text into speech. It provides the freedom to write and publish content in any language, anytime and anywhere. Use it to write articles, ebooks, books, and more – your audience will thank you for it!
Features Of Speechelo Text To Speech Software
- This program is easy to use and can be custom-tailored to suit your needs.
- You can also choose from many different voices for each language you are speaking in!
- The next great thing about this software is that it has a free trial! If you try out the free trial, you will be able to experience this amazing software firsthand before you decide whether or not you want to purchase it.
- Another great benefit of Speechelo is that they have an online community that provides endless support when needed. When you are struggling to learn how to use this program, they are always there to help!
Highincomesource.com: 4.7stars out of 5 stars
One Time Payment of $47
3. Panopreter Basic
Panopreter Basic uses a conversation-model to read text aloud. Its user can choose the gender of the voice and of the person who reads out loud, and it also supports different voices for male and female readers.
Features Of Panopreter Basic
- One advantage of Panopreter Basic is that it works with all major operating systems like Windows, Mac OS, and Linux too! This makes it very easy for you to use this software program from anywhere in the world.
- Panopreter Basic also has an advanced text-to-speech engine which means that it will speak slowly so that people who are struggling to hear everything clearly can understand what is being said.
- It also has a voice changer so that people who want a different voice reading their texts or news articles can change their voice right within the software program itself.
- It also has support for multiple languages including Chinese, Spanish, French, German, and many more! This prevents language barriers from coming up when you want to use this software program.
- Panopreter Basic also presents information in a form of an outline which means that users don’t have to worry about losing interest while they are listening to something since it keeps things interesting at all times by presenting information in a clear and concise manner.
3.2 stars out of 5 stars (10 votes)
One Time Payment of $32.95,
iSpeech is a text to speech software that converts written text into natural sounding speech. It is a Windows application that allows you to convert any written text into high-quality audio in either WAV or MP3 format. You can also save your own voice for later use.
Features Of iSpeech
- The audio quality produced by this software is excellent and users are very happy with the product.
- The main advantage of the iSpeech software is that you can listen to any text on the screen at your convenience!
- You can also save money because it only costs $7 for a lifetime license on both iOS and Android apps!
- Other advantages include being able to adjust the speed at which the voice reads, having an auto-play feature, and also being able to choose between male and female voices for each language!
Capterra ranking: 4.2 out of 5 stars (6 reviews)
Up to 900 words $100.00
Up to 10,000 words $500.00
Up to 50,000 words $1500.00
5. Google Text To Speech
Google Text-to-Speech is a free service that lets you convert normal text into spoken audio. You can listen to your documents, letters, and email on the go using your Android phone or iPhone.
Here are some advantages of the software:
- You can listen to your favorite songs or audiobooks with just one click
- Easily convert spoken words or written words from any computer language
- Allows you to record your voice for playback
- Allows you to convert spoken words or written words from any computer language
- Records sound in three different languages – English, French, and Spanish
Features Of Google Text to Speech
- Google text-to-speech software is one of the most widely used text-to-speech software programs. In fact, it has been downloaded more than 100 million times since 2008.
- If you use this software, you are able to listen to audio files in three different languages; English, French, and Spanish.
- And if you want to listen to an audio file with your voice instead, Google text-to-speech software can read aloud that as well!
- This program also offers a wide range of features such as recording your own voice for playback and converting both written and spoken words into text.
G2 Rating: 4.1 out of 5 stars (20 reviews)
Tier Feature Rate
Free per month
Price after free usage limit is reached
Standard 0 to 4 million characters $0.000004 USD per character ($4.00 USD per 1 million characters)
WaveNet voices 0 to 1 million characters $0.000016 USD per character ($16.00 USD per 1 million characters)
Neural2 voices (Preview) 0 to 1 million characters $0.000016 USD per character ($16.00 USD per 1 million characters)
Spik.AI is a text-to-speech software that converts written text into natural sounding speech. It is powered by machine learning technology and optimizes its output based on feedback from human evaluators to provide quality results.
Features Of Spik.Ai
- Spik.AI is a text-to-speech software that uses speech synthesis technology to convert any text on your computer screen into speech for people who cannot hear well and those with hearing disabilities.
- The software can read aloud any kind of text and sounds like a human voice would. This can be done quickly and easily by just clicking the button at the bottom of the program window.
- Spik.AI has other amazing features such as reading aloud emails, news articles, and social media posts too!
- Open up an email in this amazing tool and it will scan the entire message while translating every word in it into a human voice so you won’t miss anything important!
G2 Rating: Not rated
3-day trial. Afterwards: 1 month – $14.99, 12 months – $59.99
Notevibes is a text to speech software that can read written text in any of the world’s languages. It has been designed with the user in mind and comes with many features that make it easier for you to listen to your notes, books, or other documents. Listen to your notes while driving, jogging, or doing household chores.
Features Of Notevibes
There are many text-to-speech software programs out there, but Notevibes is one of the best. It provides users with a lot of amazing features and advantages. Here are some of these:
- Easy to use. Notevibes is very user-friendly, which makes it easy for even beginners to get to grips with the software.
- Works on most operating systems and devices. As noted earlier, this text-to-speech software works on multiple operating systems such as Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android too.
- Provides accuracy in reading aloud texts. When you use the software, you will be able to read any sentence with accuracy because it has voice recognition technology that helps eliminate unwanted pauses and errors from being read aloud by mispronouncing sentences or words that may have been missed out during the process.
- Let’s you choose your own voice for reading aloud texts. With Notevibes, you can choose your own voice for reading aloud as well as choosing your own accent or dialect for speaking or listening not only in English but also in other languages like Spanish and French too.
Trustpilot Rating: 2.9 out of 5 stars (4 reviews)
- Personal Pack: $8/month. $178 $96 billed yearly ;
- Commercial Pack: $90/month. $1188 1080 billed yearly ;
- Corporate Pack: $4000. $6000 4000
NaturalReader is perfect for anyone who needs to read from a computer. Whether you are visually impaired, learning English as a foreign language, just don’t like reading off a screen or prefer to listen to your documents.
Features Of NaturalReader
The features of NaturalReader are as follows:
- It has a variety of voices to choose from – There are more than 100,000 words and phrases included in the program.
- You can make the voice speed up or slow down.
- It has various modes of reading including speaking, silent, reduced volume, and playback.
- The text is spoken out loud with clear pronunciation and expression.
Techradar Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars
$59.88 / year. Premium. (equals to $4.99 USD/month).
Lovo is an excellent text to speech software that helps you convert any written content into an audio file. It automatically detects the punctuation in the text and converts them into words. With Lovo, one can read more books, articles, and blog posts without straining their eyesight.
Features Of Lovo
- It has a simple interface and comes with many helpful features like auto-volume adjustments, customizable speed, and voice quality, text underlines feature, and more.
- Lovo also has a sleek design that makes it look cool on your computer screen. You will love it no-fuss approach to everything.
- Lovo software is compatible with all types of devices including Mac, Android, Windows, and more! This amazing tool can be used for both personal and professional use too! So if you want to read articles online or listen to audiobooks without any difficulties then Lovo is definitely one option worth considering.
Capterra Rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars (55 reviews)
- Free $0.
- Personal $17.49 per month, paid annually, or $49.99 > $24.99 paid monthly.
- Freelancer $49.99 per month, paid annually, or $149.99 > $74.99 paid monthly.
Play.ht is a free text to speech software that converts your written text into proper audio format. It provides over 500 languages and voices for all the major world languages, making it the most comprehensive TTS engine in the market.
You can simply copy/paste any content into Play.ht, click on the start button and get audio output in seconds without installing additional software or plugins.
Features Of Play.ht
Play.ht has a lot of features and amazing advantages that you can enjoy as a user. The features for users are as follows:
- It is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems. This means it can be used on multiple systems without any issues.
- Play.ht uses speech synthesis technology to produce voices that sound close to natural human speech. This gives users the ability to read aloud text in a professional-quality voice.
- It also offers two modes; automatic mode and manual mode. The automatic mode will automatically select the voice, while the manual mode lets you manually select your desired voice which could be male or female.
- Another amazing feature of this program is that it allows users to change text speed and pitch too! You do not need to struggle anymore with reading at different speeds; just change your settings according to what you want.
- With this program, you do not have to worry about running out of battery because it does not use too much power even when in use.
- Lastly, it has a rating system that allows people who are looking for text-to-speech software programs or who are interested in using one for themselves, to compare all their options easily.
Producthunt Rating: 2.7 out of 5 stars (25 votes)
- Personal · USD $14.25 / month, ·
- Professional · USD $29.25 / month, ·
- Growth · USD $74.25 / month, ·
- Business USD $149.25 / month
11. Nuance Dragon
Naturally Speaking Nuance is a company that makes natural sounding voice applications such as text-to-speech softwareand they have been around for a while. They have a lot of experience in the industry and their text-to-speech software is one of the best on the market today. One of the most popular products from Nuance is Dragon Naturally Speaking.
Features Of Nuance Dragon
- Dragon Naturally Speaking can read aloud any text on your computer screen with just a few clicks.
- With Dragon Naturally Speaking, you can create phrases for voice commands, and use voice commands to dictate emails, news articles and social media posts too.
- Dragon Naturally Speaking also includes other amazing features such as reading aloud emails and social media posts with your own voice.
- You get to choose what kind of voice you want to use for your dictation (so it will sound like you are talking naturally), you also get to choose if you want it to sound male or female.
Amazon Rating: 4 out of 5 stars (1,077 reviews)
$ 500 One-time payment
12. Amazon Polly
If you’re looking for a text-to-speech software program that can offer you convenient features, Amazon Polly may suit your needs perfectly! And if you’re looking for an amazing text-to-speech software program that can help people who cannot hear well-read things out loud easily, Amazon Polly could be a perfect choice.
Features Of Amazon Polly
Amazon Polly is one of the best text-to-speech software that can be used with great convenience. Polly offers a lot of features, but here are some of the most significant ones:
- It is compatible with all popular operating systems like Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
- It has a built-in dictionary that comes with over 300,000 entries. * Its voice is crystal clear and it’s easy to use.
- You don’t need to install any third-party software or speech app in order to use it as it works seamlessly on your computer screen.
- It will read aloud text in 15 different languages including English, Spanish, and French.
Capterra Rating: 4 out of 5 stars (3 reviews)
$4.00 per 1 million characters
How To Choose The Best Text To Speech Software For Your Business
There are many types of text-to-speech software you can use for your business. The type of software you choose depends on your needs. In terms of features and benefits, there is no single piece of software that fulfills all your needs in a perfect way.
That’s why it’s important to pick the best option for your specific needs based on what features matter most to you. For example, if you would like your tts tool to support braille, then this might be a good feature to look out for if you’re visually impaired and looking for the best option with braille support.
Beyond the ones described above, there are other options on the market such as Google Cloud text, IBM Watson text, murf ai, Speech Central, Textspeech Pro, etc. It is worth exploring to see which ones produce the best natural sounding speech.
Also Read: Best Crypto Tax Software